
Hi ya'll
Strap your seat belts on, we are going for a ride through the Wide Mouth's ghost of months past. What have they been doing for FOUR WHOLE MONTHS offline??
Here goes.
February March:
We moved into a house with this humble wood cook stove that is not for the faint at heart. Also not for the summer months, aka honey go get us a gas stove right now I mean it. But I digress. First we cleaned, and knowing that chores are good for children we made them clean too. Then we painted. Notice the trim color changing. This is a small but noteworthy detail. Something about moving into a new house requires me to paint. Some women must paint, I am part of that colorful slightly OCD club.


And the Bird got some new teeth, a procedure also not for the faint hearted. May it never be repeated as long as we both shall live, amen.
We all learned how to cope with four wood stoves and a 100 year old farm house that include these fine details...dirt.
mice.
chickens.
turkeys.
their poop.
no storm windows on half the house.
runny noses and more runny noses.
curtains that waved cheerfully to the the winter wind blowing by.
dirt.

there are too many other things to cram into one post, besides it is all past gone fini . If I had been blogging during that time it would have sounded something like this...
"Its pretty here", "I really am beginning to hate winter", "Why are we splitting wood in the house?" and "Geez. my children are loud."





Next post will be April-May which sounded like this. "WAAAHHHH!!! Why won't it stop raining?" And "Awww, 300 baby lambs are really cute if it would only quit @#$*&^ raining already so we can go outside and see them!"
Today's gem from the farmer- a lesson on how to find the "vent" on a hen to tell if she is laying or not. I will let you all imagine what the hand gestures for that delicate conversation looked like.
1 comment:
LOVE the second to last and the last pics. And the one of Wren in the boots is mighty sweet too!
Post a Comment