I love it when they do that.


The boy took his job as ring bearer very seriously, carrying the ring pillow like a football down the aisle and the bird charmed everyone with her snaggle tooth. Look close you can see the top one. She learned how to grind it today.
On his way to the wedding....
Every ring boy dressed like Mark Twain needs his mi mi.
The wedding was at Mountain Lake Resort, where Dirty Dancing was filmed and so of course the whole weekend we walked around with that song stick in our heads, rattling out of the shadows every time there was a quiet moment...and I...had... the time of my liiiife....
I heard later that the dj played it at the reception but I had already retreated to the cabin with two very tired children. Dang. Missed hearing those lyrics for the eighteenth straight hour of the day.



The gnats were really really bad. A point for everyone who knows what she is doing.
I don't have any pictures of the groom because I was holding squirm baby and trying to keep my boy from bolting to the park during the ceremony. I had no free hands to take a picture with.********************************************************************************
The boy, being two and all, did an obligatory face plant on the pavement the morning of the wedding so he walked down the aisle with a goose egg and a scrape. He still managed to be photographed at least as much as the bride and groom.
He was practically an attachment to the wedding photographers and every time they came near him he mugged for them. They all knew his name. Actually, I think all 150 guests, the staff and the people who shuttled us around on golf carts knew his name by the end of it.
And no matter how much of a ornery anti-establishment gal I can be, I still thought my guys looked pretty good in their suits.
I'm married to the preacher man. (Why I couldn't have that song stuck in my head all weekend, I don't know.)*******************************************************************************
This is what the car ride down there sounded like.
The bird flipped out on the way home and I didn't think to record it. Next time for sure.
***********************************************************************************
And, I finally finished and presented the quilt for aunt Sara and uncle Pip. The one I haven't mentioned here because it was a surprise. The fabric is from both sides of the family, grandmothers, grandfathers, parents, siblings and baby clothes... Wedding dresses, lace, aprons and work shirts. It looks like a grown-up made it. I guess that makes me the grown-up. She's got a house in the country, husband, kids, makes sauerkraut and quilts.
Do you hear how that sounds??

This is the final stitching on months of work.

I promise, there are no ducks with bows on my kitchen walls.



Yet.
1 comment:
This is my second time trying to post.
A-hem.
Sara is quite a beauty and your fellas are quite the handsome devils, themselves. Where are the pictures of you, fair maiden?
Post a Comment