Saturday, May 17, 2008

Party Day


We went to a party today, which meant a long car ride down my favorite road. Since I am a nerd I took a video of us driving down said road... and also some pictures of both my babies sleeping in the car during the day. It is a noteworthy event. (not to worry, I didn't look at the camera while driving, I just held it near my face and kept pressing go... I found a decent one at home) I also drove five miles an hour with the camera out the window recording, but the video will make you nauseous so I'll spare you all.

When we got to the party we discovered that they knew we were coming and thoughtfully provided blockbuster entertainment just for my son.

A truck. was stuck. in. the. mud. And then a TRACTOR came to pull it out. (Man, those wheels were muddy). When our friend's son announced that he was going to get the tractor to pull the truck out my heart went pitter pat.


Of course I took a video with my new geek-mom camera. Then I went to my friends who did this and thanked them profusely for giving us something to talk about for the next three months. No really, I did.

I mean would you look at that face already?? He is standing right next to a real live helpful tractor!





Yes that is the sound of a moon bounce in the background. No, the Boy was too astonished at the writhing mass of nine year olds inside it to even get close. Besides that they made it collapse not once but twice with their writhing massiness.

The Bird attacked her backpack and charmed everyone. No big surprise on either count there.




Later we had snow cones, without the blue stuff. So we really ate snow, and as I discovered after, a fair amount of the paper cup too.




Then he discovered the swing set and I didn't see him again until it was time to go leave.



On the way home we stopped to say goodnight to the sun.


I wish every day was a party day.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Awesome! All around. Great shots with the new picture taker.

A tractor. Mud. Does it get any better?