
Two moms sat in a room at a party and had the following exchange...slightly fictionalized because I can't remember the actual conversation...
Mom 1- Hey! Look at that sweet baby girl, how is it going?
Mom 2- Great! The other night the baby...hang on...(stops to listen to indistinct yelling in the other room) slept three hours straight and...(trails off to listen to yelling, louder this time)...uh...(yells back at child in the other room)...what was I saying? Oh, yeah, its going pretty good overall...(pauses to wait for Mom 1's husband to finish yelling a question to her from the other room)
Mom 1- Sorry about that, what were you going to say?
Mom 2- (to her nursling) ah goo goo goo little baby, yup, you have your fingers in mama's mouth don't you? Ummm mum mum... ( to Mom 1) Huh? Uhhhh......was I saying something? I don't remember anymore.
Mom 1- Well I just talked to someone the other day about those diaper covers that so and so was telling us about and...(to husband in the other room) I don't know where it is. I am nursing the baby!... ( to Mom 2, while looking for object with one free hand) ..and she said they worked pretty well except for the...(yells to husband in the other room) ...I found it in here, but I am nursing the baby, can you come get it? ( to Mom 2)... snaps and something about the material that I don't remember...ouch. this baby has started biting me, did any of your kids do that?
Mom 2- Oh my god, yes! My boy bit me all the time and it drove me crazy.
Mom 1- What did you do about it?
Mom 2- Oh, I just ...(to friend who just walked into the room)... No he isn't supposed to be eating handfuls of cookies, isn't his dad out there with him? He is roping children in the front yard? Really? (to mom 1) ...hang on I have to go check on my boy...(to nursling) ...sorry little one, lets go pull you brothers face out of the cookie bowl.
Little Nursling- snuffle snuffle snuffle...WAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
1 comment:
Hi Summer,
I like your blog. It looks real professional. Where did you learn how to do this? I would like to start one myself to talk about the videos I'm doing. Try defrag to speed up your computer.
Love ya,
Dick
Post a Comment