Saturday, April 19, 2008

Home Improvement-With Toddler


First, build yourself a good fence, and hopefully finish the gates sooner than later. This will hold young son in a yard type place so that you can do dishes without him clawing your legs to go outside. Kyle did some bang up work putting up this fence on a weekend. The boy and I got very tired watching him work so hard. We had to go to bed early, fencing is such hard work for us. phew.

By the way that is eight inches of gravel he is digging through. Poor guy. He probably didn't know what he was in for when he married me. I have an awesome ability to point and say "do". It really makes me tired though so I reserve it for big projects.

Then put a sandbox inside fence to keep him occupied while in the yard, so that he doesn't run down the driveway at every opportunity to play in the big dirt pie-o that someone thoughtlessly had dumped RIGHT BY THE ROAD. (Who could that have been?) (Ahem)

Turn him loose and then wonder what to do with yourself for half an hour while he plays ALONE for the first time ever.























Does the the bird baff need more wad-o? Discuss amongst yourselves.

















I think boy's opinion is clear.




































Last but not least, plunk him in front of the new washer, with the nickname of R2D2, and let him try to change the cycle by pushing the buttons. What he doesn't know is that this space age creature of a laundry washer has a childproof setting. HAH! I have to admit that I may have spent a fair amount of time sitting and watching it go around too. Hours of productive entertainment.. It is mesmorizing. I forgot to feed the boy one day because I was watching the clothes go round and round and got very..... very..... sleepy..... and then suddenly I was barking like a dog. No. Just kidding.




















Really I could go on and on about how much I love my new washing machine. But I will spare all of you who the details. I forget how everyone isn't as domesticated as I am right now. Let me just say one thing... 12 gallons a load. Oh, one more, last thing I promise. You know that little energy sticker that comes on all appliances? This will cost you so much a year with regular use etc etc? The yellow ones with a big number on it? Sit down, take a deep breath. Mine said $15. With an electric hot water heater. As in One-Five. As in just over ten dollars a year.

The old dryer said $410/year. That is all I have to say. If you're nice I will let you touch it.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I touched! I touched! The washer/dryer. A-hem. . . No funny thoughts, Tile. . .

Dude! We must rank (not be rank). Either that, or you were so excited to get the washer/dryer that you momentarily blacked out.

See you soon!