Another new house, another new garden. This one is my favorite by far.

See this face? Do I look like I would chase a rabbit through the garden with a hoe? If he was eating my cabbages I don't think I would even care if he was wearing a little blue coat and called himself Peter. I would chase his little cotton tail outta there. Right now cutworms are doing their fair share of damage, we are not terribly fond of the cutworm...so far they have taken out three Kohlrabi, three cabbages, one collard and six calendulas. Punks. I found three today and wished I had some chickens so I would have the satisfaction of feeding the worms to them. My plants enjoy the same mama bear protection as my children do. roar.
Back to the garden...
This is what it looked like after we pulled the blackberries out and pushed the hickory logs around. Maybe early last summer?
See old Mr.McGregor there? Watch out Benjamin Bunny. He's got a pitchfork.


And there is that kid with a pitchfork. He's a loader incarnated.
No comments:
Post a Comment