
Day two, and not a cloud in the sky....
We started our day with the final fabricated rafter, named by our new neighbor and dear friend. Have I said how wonderful our friends are? Did I mention that we feel like we are getting away with something by even knowing these people? For example, two of the men today started up a very serious conversation about how to take a boulder the size of a pickup and turn it into a hot tub. Not a 'hey, wouldn't that be cool' conversation, but a 'how many hours would that take' and 'who do you call to get a boulder delivered, cause I don't think this trailer will haul it' and 'I have a diamond bladed chainsaw that I would use for that' and a 'you could use granite instead of soapstone' conversation.
I have no doubt in my mind that this time next year we will be sitting in a granite hot tub looking up at the stars. How could you not feel lucky to know such individuals? Or these individuals...

Onward... the roof, in it's three layered glory...

The inside liner. We used poles to push the canvas back up through and around the rafters, like fishing in reverse.



The insulation space ship cone


And the heavy enough to knock you out if it fell on you roof.



Insulated panels and windows...

The outer walls

And finally the dome. Where we will launch our rockets into the sky, I mean, look at the stars at night. There are windows but they are zipped shut until we get everything tied down.


There is still so much more to be done, doors and floors, walls and counters shelves and vertical support beams...and I have no photos of the inside, because truthfully, I was tired to the bone by the end of the day and couldn't even muster the energy to find my camera. The only reason I am able to do all this uploading is that my children have been asleep since we were a half mile from the site at 6:30pm, and I just cant waste such an opportunity such as this one. BOTH children sleeping. At. 6:30.
No comments:
Post a Comment