Saturday, November 29, 2008

Birthday, birthday and...more birthday



So it is with a good deal of humility that I submit this post. I had great plans to make a tractor cake, plans that were really well thought out and then at the last minute... changed. Foolish foolish mama that I am. So I had to change again, mid-icing and instead of a tractor I ended up with a safari truck. Not pretty. Which, as it turns out didn't matter to the boy, because he really only cared about the "lights" and promptly pulled all those little chocolates off and ate them up. He inquired about the smokestack and ate that up too. And then he licked the plate.

sigh.

I should be satisfied with that as a success, but it has sugar in it so he would have liked it even if it was shaped like a mason jar. Next year I am going to wow him so much that he will be thanking me for weeks, no, months. Maybe for the rest of his life and tell all of his friends that his mom is the best tractor cake maker ever. Because if the child's birthday is about anyone, it is me. And don't ever forget it.

1 comment:

mtngirl said...

crazy lady! that is an awesome "thing with wheels" cake. you know it is all about the wheels! I am really impressed! go girl.
luv- ra