
There is a great cold fast river that moves through the landscape here. It is full of round smooth rocks, salmon, algae, and ducks. And on labor day weekend, rafts loaded with people and water toys and loud shouting. We walked and walked down the wooded path to the river and the Boy casually waved and said hello to Every Single Person we passed, as if they had seen each other just yesterday at the gym instead of never before on earth. Kind of like "oh, hey there you are again , man on the fast bike with a bell."

Being that it is a well-used trail on a holiday weekend ALOT of people seemed to have been at the gym yesterday. Pretty much everyone said hello back, and smiled and started conversations if they were moving slowly enough, otherwise they threw answers over their shoulders, like "yeah, I am riding a bike." Or "No I am not riding a bike, I am running." And so on.
The boy threw big rocks. The bird ate little rocks. All was right in the world.


And then a big wind came up and he said "I am a bird, and the wind is blowing me'" Away we flew.
In other news...the bird has the appetite of a starving warthog. Half an avocado and two egg yolks for lunch today. I'd say she has gotten into the swing of things as far as the food goes.



2 comments:
the bird is so cute covered in green! i can't wait til you guys get back!
COME HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I simply cannot abide another morning making pancakes without your telephonic support. Your babies are beautiful.
Post a Comment