On the phone with Ama, the Boy asks, presumably because she is talking about the sun shining where she is, "How can my sun be shining on your house too?"
Driving down the road last night looking at the sunset, he asks for the billionth day in a row, "What does the sunset mean?" "Why does is it getting dark?" I have given of all my creative answers, I have asked him what it means, I have said nothing. He asks still, every time he sees the sun goes down.
I am so worn down with answering why. If I say nothing or make a noncommittal noise he asks again and again in a chant. why? whywhymamawhymamawhy?
Can't really just yell at your three year old to just shut up, but I bet plenty of moms have.
I think it loudly instead. Loud enough to drown out the chant that is gleefully assaulting me from the back seat.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment